The power of doing LESS.
In a world of distractions, focused attention is a scarce and valuable resource.
If you can focus on it, you will improve on it.
In one of my favourite books, The Power of Less, author Leo Babauta describes the process by which he made substantial changes in his life. He noticed the following:
* When he tried to change only one small thing in his life, he succeeded at doing so about 85% of the time.
* When he tried to change two things simultaneously, he succeeded only about one-third of the time.
* When he tried to change three or more things simultaneously, he almost never succeeded.
One change at a time. One healthy habit at a time.
Not exercising? Start. Something. Now!
Not eating well? Start by eating one healthy meal a day. Today!
Focus all your attention on that one change or habit for 2 weeks. Really try this!
That’s the only approach that’s worked for hundreds of our local coaching clients in the Body Restoration Club using this method
(trust me, I’ve seen and tried everything else in the last 10 years in health and fitness), and it’s the approach that will work for you too.
This doesn’t mean you can only do one thing a day. That wouldn’t work very well, because you’d use up your list every day on “Get out of bed” lol.
The power of less means that you:
* decide what is truly important to you regarding your health and happiness
* decide what can and should happen right now with your eating and exercise
* break your lifestyle priorities down into small, manageable chunks and tasks
* execute only one new healthy habit at a time
* make only one change in your life at a time
The power of less is about doing what matters.
So what are you going to focus on the next 14 days?!
Only YOU have the power to make a change!
Like so many continue to do!
Coach Keith Lockwood
Life Restoration Coach
“Control the controllable, don’t let the uncontrollable control you!”- Keith Lockwood